How to install a TiddlyWiki plugin.
I’m writing the post on how to install a TiddlyWiki plugin so that there is a record somewhere out there on the internet for the next person that has to search Google to figure out how to do this. Apparently, there aren’t any instructions out there (at least none that Google can easily find).
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find an easy tutorial on how to install a plugin. Neither on the TiddlyWiki site nor via a google search. Well, thanks to the TiddlyWiki Google group, I got a nice simple answer from Michael:
- Go to the plugin page and click on EDIT to view the source of this particular Tiddler
- Copy the entirety of the source.
- Open your TiddlyWiki and click on NEW TIDDLER
- Give your Tiddler a title (in this case “checkboxPlugin”) and a tag if necessary (for this plugin, we need to add the tag “systemConfig”)
- Paste the code you copied into this Tiddler and click SAVE CHANGES
- Relaunch your TiddlyWiki and you are set!
As for this particular plugin, it allows you to create checkboxes for to-do lists, and will remember which ones you check/uncheck when you save. It’s not nearly as robust as some of the online to-do list options out there such as Ta-da lists or Remember the Milk but it’s simple, easy to use, and works nicely with the Wiki. Check it out.